IS SANTA ON HIS WAY?
NO! I am checking MY list.
My Back to School LIST!
And that list get LONGER, every DAY!
My Back to School is next week.
In my district ( a modified traditional calendar) we start at the end of JULY!
No tears for me…we are off the first two weeks of OCTOBER! I LOVE FALL BREAK!
And so first, I make a list – A LONG LIST!
Thank You @createteachshare
Here is how my list begins…
- Clean teacher desk
- Clean students desks
- Number each workbook ( I put numbers on EVERYTHING!)
- Get student materials ( books, pencil holders -FILLED, & other things that stay IN THEIR DESKS) on their desks. We will go over them the first day.
- Number homework folders, Read at Home folders & books
- Tear out & runn of homework for the first two weeks.
- Clean out & check literacy & math centers.
- Purge ANYTHING I have not used in two years! YES!!!!
- Find my teacher tools.
- Check technology… after updates…check technology. After call to district office…check technology AGAIN! Finally works! UGH! I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with technology!
- Schedule teacher PD meetings. ( 5 days before kids come..starting tomorrow!)
- Write Lesson plans for the FIRST WEEK! ( don’t go further…things WILL change.)
- Update list.
- Unpack the 10 boxes of NEW Science Curriculum. Inventory. Find missing pieces. Inventory again. Store? Stack in a corner.
- Add to my list: Unpack science curriculum & go through it. Plan?
- Make sure resources on the WALLS are for Back to School ( Not END of School). Update.
- Are class lists ready? I need to ADD names to numbers!
- Make a LIST ( alphbetically, of course) of students by first names. (WOW! I have an “extra” student on my list…boy will that mess up my alphabtical list. TEACHERS: YOU GET THIS!)
- Don’t care that my alphabetical student names will be OUT OF ORDER! 🙂 Breather!
- Cross things OFF list. ( After you have added MORE) I know. It’s LONGER than when I started. It’s OK. Ths kids won’t know!
- GO HOME EARLY! Relax. Take a walk. Pour some wine. Hug your family. It’s a job. The kids will be there ready or not. THEY won’t care if I didn’t finish ALL of the ANCHOR CHARTS I want to make. ADD that to my LIST!
My list is long.
BUT… The kids are coming to see YOU! They will look around and SMILE AT YOU!
The smiling, happy teacher who gives giggles, grins, hugs, & high fives!
They want to know they are safe & happy. And so are YOU!
Finally, don’t forget…your list will come & go. Smile. Breathe.
And Love them! That’s what we do.
I don’t need to add that to my list. It’s ALWAYS there!
Happy Back to School. Enjoy it!
Leave me a comment & let me know how it goes!