We have $350 to GIVEAWAY!
I thought YOU might be!
*** BACK TO SCHOOL GIVEAWAY ***
PRIZES INCLUDE :
Back to School is coming soon. I am NOT ready! I love summer vacation.
BUT…I do need to start getting ready.
HOW? WHAT? WHEN?
My vacation brain won’t wrap around the thought of setting up my classroom!
WHAT do I need?
Help is on the way!
1. Flair Pens. You NEED at least 24. The MORE the Merrier!
2. Astrobright Paper – You will print EVERYTHING in colored paper!
3. Book Boxes- Where will your kids put all of their independent reading books?
4. storage drawers- Where to keep all of YOUR stuff?
5. pencil sharpener – THE BEST!
6. labels – After you get all of your ‘goodies” unpacked…LABEL everything so YOU can find them later!
7. Growth Mindset Posters – Helping kids and adults create a positive mindset.
8. Writing Centers – Every classroom needs a place for writing.
9. Teacher Planner – YOU KNOW YOU NEED THIS!!!
10. Balanced Literacy Resource – MY personal FAVORITE! Helps me remember what I need to do!
It’s time to start the thinking. Begin the planning. Open my teacher Bag.
Check out my BACK to School Pinterest Board! Pin If you LIKE!
First I need to jump in the pool again!
Maybe I’ll start tomorrow!
When you are ready…Let me know!
We ALL get nervous speaking to a room of parents! I can speak to a group of first graders all day every day…but a roomful of parents?
My palms sweat & my brain “freezes” up!
(Wear good deodorant, use a breath mint, and wear comfy shoes!)
So..THEY are coming.
I work in a Title 1 school.
Most parents DON’T WANT TO COME to SEE ME!
So I have to make it very “inviting”.
I tell the kids to “drag” their parents to talk to me.
(Not literally!) Two hands!
I give stickers to kids who “hand their parents the BTS night NOTE!
A bowl of apples, a plate of cookies, popcorn, Mini bottles of water!
They will come for food!
I also put the Class DOJO sign-up link on a BIG POSTER
NEXT to the FOOD! Eat, text, and make the teacher HAPPY!
Even though parent conferences are MONTHS away..
MAKE a chart of dates & times YOU are available,
(You will send a reminder note as it gets closer..let them choose first!)
Put out sticky notes & pens for those who want to write it down AND
a poster to remind parents to TAKE A PICTURE WITH THEIR PHONE of the conference chart, to remind them!
If you have any WISH LISTS or things you might need…
( We can always use glue sticks, expo markers, tissues, etc)
If YOU want volunteers for classroom work, parties, field trips, etc…
HAVE THEM SIGN UP!
This is the ONLY night they will ALL be in YOUR classroom!
Sometimes a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE…is a good thing!
So.. Just a quick reminder
DOJO, Conferences, Wish Lists, Volunteers, etc.
4. Breathe, bring water for YOU! Smile.
For more info on BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT: