And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate.
1. I married my high school sweetheart. We actually started “dating” when we were 14.
2. I roast my own green coffee beans weekly…love fresh coffee!
3. I have 2 sisters who are also primary teachers. At one time we all taught first grade in the same district. We look alike…was so much fun to mess district people up at meetings! They never could figure out WHO they were talking too!
4. I have 4 grown children….twin boys, “middle child” son, and youngest daughter. They are now adding to our family tree. 2 granddaughters & 1 on the way!
5. Being a Grandma is SOOOOOO much fun! All those fun things I did NOT do with my kids…I have been given a second chance to REDO them! So fun! ( I think finger-painting with pudding, making cookies “just because”…and FROSTING THEM!)
6. We have a “muscle car” Mustang in the garage. ( Hubby bonds with it daily) Not too much driving, but when I drive it…I LIKE TO DRIVE IT…… FAST!.. Not a gas saver, BUT IT SOUNDS GREAT! (OK kids..do as I say, NOT AS I DO!)
7. I like Christmas decorations put up the day after Thanksgiving…and taken down on Jan. 2.
8. We have removed most of the grass in our suburban backyard and remade it into raised planters for our MASSIVE garden. We grow EVERYTHING to make our own salsa. And then we do!
9. Hubby canned 12 GALLONS of salsa this year and 4 gallons of spaghetti sauce. (Again..HUBBY canned, me NOT so much in the kitchen.
10. I make a FANTASTIC picante with my fresh garden produce…secret ingredient….dill pickle juice!
11. I don’t do CARDS….I know, weird. I just can’t get into the whole buy a gift, attach a card, mail a card, etc. I will call you, text you, come by your house, BUT…no card. Birthday presents & Christmas presents have your name on a label. No cards…unless I’m forced to by my KIDS!
For my nominees — My questions:
1. How did you get started in the blogging world?
I got started in the blogging world, after
stalking following many of my favorite blogs for about a year! I thought I’d jump in this year. It has been SOOO much fun!
2. If you weren’t a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be?
I would probably be a nurse or something else in the “helping” profession. As the “oldest” child, I tend to “mother” EVERYONE! Ask my sisters…
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste.
OH..It’s all about the SMELL
4. From the TPT store, what is your favorite freebie that you created?
My favorite FREEBIE (so far) is probably my “Who Put the -er in DECEMBER”. (I made it after my sister went out to lunch with me and brought her DECEMBER BINDER! She is so organized (wayyyy too many things going at one time) , but seems to be on top of it! So I thought I’d try to help her..in a TPT way!
5. From the TPT store, what is your favorite freebie that someone else created?
I am into binders…and labels…and charts…so I guess that would be any of those FANTASTIC creations!
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be?
Any sandy beach.I say that because someone took me to a beach where there were only ROCKS! ROCKS . No sand:(
I need my chair, a book, a cold beverage, and MY TOES IN THE SAND! Finding LOTS of sea shells would be nice too!( MY family can come, too)
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite?
My favorite subject was math ( until later- when it got HARD). Least favorite…HISTORY…not a fan of memorizing dates & places & people I didn’t know or had NOTHING in common with ( History & I never made a “connection”).
8. Who is your role model?
My mom. She always seems to be “on top of it”. We worked together for years, we spend holidays together, and we vacations together ( not ALL, but some). I want to be like her when I grow up!
9. What time do you go to bed?
On a good night..9:00 ish. My kids will tell you “at dark”..BUT, I’m a MORNING PERSON…Love 5:00AM! My time!
10. What is your favorite reality TV show?
I don’t watch a lot of TV ( Thank GOD for DVR..) Not a reality fan…I like NCIS..Mark Harmon is still a hunk!
11. What do you want for Christmas?
You know you are “HOOKED” into blogging & TPT….All I want for Christmas is a new color printer, my own laminator, and an external hard drive. I don’t think my hubby or my kids, have EVER seen my wish list look like THAT!
FOR MY NOMINEES…………………………
1. Vacation retreat…..MOUNTAINS or BEACH ?
2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie to make?
3. Name 3 places you have NOT been to, but would like to visit.
4. Cat person or Dog person? Any other animals you would prefer?
5. When was the last time you gave someone a “hand-made” gift? What was it?
6. What is one “lesson” you have learned from having a TPT store?
7. If you could be your “boss”, what is one “mandate” you would initiate?
8. What is the title of the last book you read?
9. What is your favorite type of music? Favorite song?
10. What do you do to “turn it off” for R & R?
11. What do you want for Christmas?
Thank you, Wendy, for your nomination! I'm working on everything now! Does it matter if someone has been previously nominated? How do I go about finding nominees? Thanks for your help!
I am new to to the blog world. I love reading others' blogs. I am just learning how to post items. I haven't figured out how to post pictures and things I create, but I will. I am looking for teachers who would like to participate in an exchange project. Please visit my blog to find out more ~ http://firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com/
Love your responses! Hope you get what you want for Christmas…haha, only a teacher!
from Well, Michelle?
p.s.- You should google how leave a hyperlink back to your blog in a comment…it is real easy with a little html!